Four Angels 'Round My Head

My latest commission. My client wanted a drawing that represented a prayer she learned as a child. The part that she was thinking about is:
Four corners to my bed,
Four angels 'round my head,
One to watch, one to pray,
And two to bear my soul away.
I had a lot of angel photos from which she could select four. I drew all four on one sheet of paper to be framed as if it was one large drawing. I'm thrilled with the way that they turned out and she is too! She is going to hang it over the head of her bed.

3 comments:

Melissa B. Tubbs said...

My client let me know today that she found a version of the prayer that fits her drawing perfectly. I like it too since she is the one who selected the angels she wanted drawn.
Four Corner Prayer

Four corners to my bed,
Four angels round my head,
One to watch and two to pray
And one to bear my soul away,
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John,
Bless the bed that I lie on.



JaneA said...

What beautiful, beautiful drawings! I've just been commissioned to do a pen and ink drawing for a wine label, and I've been thinking about your work. I just don't know how you get all that detail in! Amazing.

Melissa B. Tubbs said...

Thank you Jane! The details and value are two things that I like most about what I do. Seeing the details and drawing them has made me a much more observant person. You'll have fun with the wine label, I was commissioned to do one a couple of years ago for a winery in Napa Valley, CA. I really enjoy your blog posts and keeping up with your work. Maybe one day we really can have tea together!